Security Token Offering (STO)
What is an STO?
STO mean Security Token Offering.
Security Token Offering can be described as an Initial Coin Offering selling securities or tokenized equity.
Why are STO so popular?
Security token used to be the less popular kind of ICO versus Utility until about mid-2018. Security tokens are limited in the exchanges that they can list on due to regulations and investors are also limited for the same reason.
When the crypto market started to go down drastically, many Utility tokens failed due to their funds being reduced and lack of users actually using the token instead of just trading it.
Investors start looking at a more secure way to invest in cryptocurrency and STO provided that.
STO token will still feel a bear market but are not as dependants of that market as a Utility token.
The company can still provide "real-life" services for fiat and pay dividends to their token holder.
Security tokens are tokenized equity in a company.
Security Token Offering List
ICL is working non-stop to provide our user with the best security token offering (STO) list possible. Check our list often or register to our push notification to make sure you stay updated with new STOs available.
Our list provides you with all the Active and Upcoming STOs of 2019. Ended STOs are mixed with all the ended ICOs.
List your STO on ICL
If you are a team member from an active or upcoming STO and would like to list your IEO in this list, simply follow these step:
- Visit our free ICO listing submission page
- Just mention that you are having an STO either by adding STO to your title or by mentioning in your description that it is a Security Token Offering. We will release an update shortly to make the process easier.
STO investors checklist
- Does the project look viable?
- Have you read the whitepaper?
- Does the company exist for a long time?
- Are the ROI realistic?
- Is the Token/Coin lock for early and private investors?
- Is the bonus too big or too? (Big bonus=Big dump)
- What is the history of the team members?
- Sleep on it, Think about it, Never FOMO